Instructional Design. Workshop at the Learning Lab, University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany. December, 2015
Marketing und Aktivierung im E-learning an Hochschulen. Workshop at the E-learning Centre of the Hochschule München/University of the Applied Sciences, Munich, Germany. February, 2015
Didactics and Communications in Teaching. Workshop at Indian Institute of Human Settlements, Bangalore, India. July, 2013
Teaching and Learning Paradigms. Faculty Development Workshop at Indian Institute of Human Settlements, Bangalore, India. May, 2012
Online Discussion for Student Interaction. Presentation at the Center for Latin American Studies, University of Florida. February, 2012
Why Online Learning? Presentation at the Center for Latin American Studies, University of Florida. February, 2012
Lehrende bei der Einführung und Nutzung von e-Learning unterstützen. Workshop at the E-learning Centre of the Hochschule München/University of the Applied Sciences, Munich, Germany. January, 2012
Wikis and Social Bookmarking for Teaching and Learning. Workshop for faculty at the Center for Latin American Studies, University of Florida. March, 2011.
Distance Learning: Opportunities and Affordances. Presentation at Medical Education Week, College of Medicine, University of Florida. February, 2011.
Introduction to Social Media. Workshop for faculty at the Center for Latin American Studies, University of Florida. February, 2011.
Professional Development for faculty technology integration into on-campus courses at School of Education, Boston University (2007-2009). Workshops and best practice sharing sessions in technology use for instruction and research:
- Designing and facilitating online, blended, and web-enhanced instruction
- Web-based synchronous and asynchronous communication tools
- Web 2.0 tools for teaching and collaboration (Wikis, blogs, podcasts, Google sites)
- Social networking and bookmarking tools for research and teaching
- Online tools and software for research (e.g. EndNote, RefWorks)
- Qualitative research software (e.g. Atlas, NVivo)
Teacher Professional Development
‘Teaching with New Media in the Classroom.’ Workshop at the K-12 teachers’ Summer Institute on Africa, Center for African Studies and the Harn Museum, University of Florida. June, 2011.
‘New Technologies in Education.’ Presentation at the ‘Integrating Technology and Area Studies: Discovering Caribbean Diversity Professional Development Workshop’ for Middle and High School foreign language, social studies and language arts teachers. Orange Park High School, Florida. January 2010.
Workshops for teachers of German to integrate technology in the language classroom. Emphasized multi-faceted approaches to adoption of technology according to the teaching culture, instructional styles, and infrastructure. Selected workshops:
- “Internet in the German language classroom”, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.2003.
- “Web-based materials for teachers and translators”, Haus Sonnenberg, Oberharz, Germany. 2003.
- “Trinational Project: Internet for German language teachers”, Slovenia, Croatia,and Italy. 2002-2003.
- “Using the Internet for teaching German as a Foreign Language”, Verona, Vicenza, and Venice, Italy. 2002